Wednesday 3 September 2008

MUSIC - Okay, one more 90s music thing...

Alright then, this is the last bit about mid nineties alternative rock... for now... but just read that 'Ben Folds Five' would be reforming for a one off gig and it just made me think about all the classic line ups I'd love to see. I have seen Ben Folds live but without Darren Jessee and Robert Sledge so to saee them together would be all types of quality.

Same with the Lemonheads, I've seen them several times but never the Dave Ryan and Nic Dalton set. In addition my anally retentive autistic list wouldn't be complete without the original Smashing Pumpkins line up of Billy Corgan, James Iha, D'Arcy Wretzky and Jimmy Chamberlain. (Paid to see them but then never got a chance).

And finally to see R.E.M. reunited with Bill Berry would make me skip and jump and hop like a good 'un. I saw them just before he left and I love their stuff old and new but to hear them rattle through Orange Crush, Begin the Begin, The One I Love, Electrolite etc would just be magical.

Okay, fan boy day dreaming over...

No comments: